Saturday, November 15, 2008

Decisions, decisions

We were able to see some of our countertop and flooring options this week. It was so exciting to see what could be the makings of our house! I can't even believe I'm going to post these pictures, the quality is terrible. Really, really terrible. My camera battery was fading fast so I had to do quick picture taking. Anyway, all excuses aside, here are our options (sans upgrade options!):

Just one of the 74ish linoleum options for bathroom floors

I know, it's so blurry you can hardly tell what it looks like,
but these are our tile options for both bathroom and kitchen
 counters. It's hard to tell, but between the next two
pictures there are four options. Which do you like best? 
We like the bottom picture, right hand tile option.


Seriously, I'm supposed to pick a carpet color from
a one inch square?

We were really excited about these floor options 

Any opinions or tips on flooring would be great. Are you a dark carpet or light carpet person...and why? Which wood color do you like best? Still no word on the permits, which means they haven't broke ground yet, but we are hoping that will all happen next week.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dark carpet is my preference. Especially with kids or animals. We have invested a lot in carpet cleaning, Resolve cleaner and vacuums because we have never lived in a house with dark carpet. If I ever get to make the decision again, I'll choose dark brown.
Congrats on building your own home! That's a huge project, but super exciting!

Anonymous said...

I like dark wood and light carpet. Although, I can't comment on carpet, as I have not lived anywhere with any carpet since our house in Lafayette. I imagine it must get dirty. I like the darker wood because I like dark wood furniture. Though, if you have lighter wood, the dark furniture would contrast nicely, as opposed to being "in competition" with the floor. Perhaps I should erase this comment as it is really not helpful!